Transportation Policies and Procedures
The school transportation system is owned and financed by the state. Bus drivers are carefully screened and given bus training for their job. A few rules in regard to buses are as follows:
- The school bus is considered a classroom – no smoking, no eating or drinking, no objects thrown, and no getting up and moving about.
- Students should be at the bus stop in the morning ready to board. The bus will not wait for your child. Exceptions are made during inclement weather.
- Students are to ride only the bus to which they have been assigned. Students must have written permission from a parent in order to ride a different bus. The principal or designee must approve this note.
- Students will not be allowed to carry balloons or flowers in glass vases on the bus.
- Students will not be allowed to transport animals on the school bus.
- Remember riding the school bus is a privilege, not a right. We must follow all rules. Students accumulating excessive discipline referrals will be removed from the bus.
- All buses are equipped with cameras. The cameras are there for the protection of all students and drivers. The cameras will also be used by the administration to monitor student behavior on the bus.
PROCEDURES FOR CAR RIDERS
Morning – All drivers should turn in at the drive near Denny Hwy. Follow the road to the student drop off area. A staff member will assist the children out of the car and direct them to the appropriate area. You may drop your children off beginning at 7:30 a.m. Do not drop your child off before this time. No one will be available to properly supervise your child. Anyone arriving after 8:00 a.m. should report to the office for a tardy slip.
Afternoon – Cars should follow the same procedures as in the morning. Please do not begin lining up before 2:30 p.m. as this will create a traffic hazard. Teachers will be on duty to ensure the safety of students. Parents are asked to fully cooperate with safety procedures. Special procedures for large group pick-up may be obtained from the principal.
Students will not be allowed to go to cars parked on Hollywood School Road.
Please remember school dismisses at 3:00. ALL students should be picked up at this time. We will not be able to provide supervision after school hours.